Adulthood and parenting are stressful, and we don’t need studies to tell us that.
But ok, here are a few in case you need evidence to agree:
So we asked our friends, “What are you stressed about right now?” to see what they’d say. Here are their answers:
- My new boss
- Work. Although we really try to leave work worries at the front door, that has become increasingly harder to do.
- Too much work, too little time to do it. Oh, and the massive cost of childcare that eclipses our mortgage 🙁
- My career! Not doing something I feel passionate about, but not sure what to do next.
- Going to work//getting up early to drive snowy roads (Blog note: We surveyed a few weeks ago when winter was still terrorizing half the country.)
- My husband is leaving for two weeks on business. That means I will have no breaks from child care unless I pay for it.
- We’re buying a new house and selling ours. It just went on the market. I’m so unhappy about the whole thing. I love our house. It’s the right time for our family, but the logistics are just so challenging.
- I’m stressed this week because I’m grappling with my own (unrealistic?) expectations of what it means to be a stay-at-home mom.
- Air travel with baby
- As always, being a decent parent and person. Also, a 7-year-old who loves contradiction.
- Why I choose to spend my life in Winterfell. (As noted above, winter was really crushing some souls.)
- Work and love-life
- What am I not stressed about? Pregnancy woes, work, choosing a preschool, husband’s job…
Anything stressful you need to get off your chest? The comments are open for your venting/complaints/commiseration.